Recipe for Apple Crumble
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon ,plus more for topping
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
1/4 cup raw honey OR maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 10 1/2 inch x 7 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Fill a mixing bowl with water and add the lemon juice.
- Core peel and cut the apples into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the apples to the lemon juice water as you slice them. Set aside in a medium sized mixing bowl sift in the almond flower. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and sea salt. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl add in the coconut oil, raw honey OR maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix. Mix the coconut oil mixture into the almond flour mixture.
- Drain the apples, rinse and pat dry. Place sliced apples on the bottom of the baking dish. Using your hands sprinkle the the crumble over the top of the apples.
- Add the sliced almonds on top.
- Cover the top of the baking dish with foil, then place in the middle rack of the oven to bake for 50 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes until the top browns and crisps. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with some more cinnamon.
Serve warm & enjoy!